Watch these videos to learn what a Pancake Die is, and step by step instructions on how to use them & the die opener!
Pancake dies are used to cut shapes quickly and save yourself from endless saw cutting!
Potter USA Pancake Die Information:
- The pancake dies are designed to cut non-ferrous metal (copper, silver, brass, gold, nickel) 20 gauge and thicker to about 16 gauge.
- They work best when the metal is hard. If the metal is too soft, you will get a burr and it will be difficult to remove your part from the die. Do not anneal metal first.
- The dies only work in one direction - with words face down.
- Dies are pre-sprung so that you know where to put the metal.
- If you use metal that is too thick or too thin, it is possible to damage the die.
- As long as you stay within the recommended gauges, the dies should last many years under normal use.