Soldering – Beyond The Basics
From the author of the highly acclaimed book Soldering Made Simple comes this new volume that will take your jewelry making skills to the next level. Respected teacher and jeweler Joe Silvera shares key soldering techniques that help readers create 17 high-end designs. Joe is the perfect coach for jewelry artists who want to practice and improve their skills, work with mixed metals and materials, and discover new ways to connect and finish jewelry pieces. Although this new book includes some basic projects, it teaches intermediate skills that students need as they advance their craft.
- Jewelry makers will expand their skills with intermediate soldering techniques, soldering near stones, and soldering with mixed metals.
- Projects focus specifically on using budget-friendly tools and simple setups.
- Learn how to use small mixed-gas torches, fire scale retardant fluxes, and anti-fluxes
- This thorough soldering resource includes Joe Silvera's trademark instructions and lots of detailed photos
- Review fundamental skills such as sawing, filing, and other basic skills.
The book is divided into 3 parts. Part 1 describes materials, tools, soldering and stone-setting techniques used in the projects, and how to set up a studio. Part 2 presents the 17 projects. The final section is a review of fundamental metalworking skills including sawing, filing, and polishing.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Gemcuts users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.